This position with Pental Surfaces will be responsible for daily performance of all warehouse operation functions, including but not limited to material handling, receiving, shipping, cleaning, and customer service. Work with co-workers, sales, and warehouse supervisor to achieve accurate accounting of inventory, by item and location with the overall goal of providing the highest possible customer service experience.
Architectural Surfaces Group, parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble and Pental Surfaces, has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in over twenty locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
We are looking for smart, dedicated professionals to strengthen our team. We offer career opportunities that provide a unique career experience depending on your skills, career objectives, and preferred work experience. At ASG you'll find a close-knit team and a collaborative, supportive environment that keeps projects running smoothly and customers happy. If you're ready to join a top-notch team, we'd like to hear from you. ASG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Preparing orders accurately for delivery via Will Call, Warehouse Transfers, Common Carrier, and other shippers, as well as complying with the company double check procedures.
- Restocking shelves by forklift, man lift, or by hand. Stock pallets up to 15’ high. Raise up on man lift 12’-15’ harnessed in and manually unload boxes. Use ladders while carrying materials to restock shelves.
- Maintaining a clean work environment.
- Using a saw to cut down pallets for shipments or to break up for recycling.
- Assisting Inventory Control, as needed.
- Assisting Sales, as needed.
- Receiving and unloading shipping containers.
- Special projects as assigned/required by management.
- Comply with all company safety requirements and protocols.
- Personal integrity.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. – Stone and Tiles.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn new skills.
- Attention to detail & accuracy.
- Well organized.
- Ability to problem solve, work independently and as a team.
- Certifiable on forklift, man lift and saws.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Distribution environment experience preferred.
- Bar code and scanner experience preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 years of warehouse experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive wages + bonus; commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401(k) and match, paid Company holidays, vacation, sick, and personal days.
- Opportunities for advancement.