Warehouse Manager - Slab (Seattle)
The purpose of this position with Pental Surfaces is to manage people and activities for receiving, storage, order picking, sorting, loading and shipping of products. Responsibilities include materials, equipment, and supplies, and receiving, warehousing, and distribution services, as well as supervising staff.
Architectural Surfaces Group, parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble and Pental Surfaces, has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in twenty-one locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
We are looking for smart, dedicated professionals to strengthen our team. We offer career opportunities that provide a unique career experience depending on your skills, career objectives, and preferred work experience. At ASG you'll find a close-knit team and a collaborative, supportive environment that keeps projects running smoothly and customers happy. If you're ready to join a top-notch team, we'd like to hear from you. ASG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
- Ensure Company safety program compliance
- Ensure facility and equipment are maintained to Company standards
- Ensure warehouse and inventory are organized and maintained to Company standards
- Ensure delivery schedules meet the needs of both internal and external customers
- Ensure accurate and timely customer order processing and completion
- Ensure all customer, supplier, and vendor interaction meets Company standards
- Ensure personnel are appropriately trained and effectively using Navigator/Dansik as required.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory management
- Ensure Fleet Operations are compliant with Company policy and government regulations including FMCSA and DOT
- Liaise with counterparts and key personnel within Company
- Ensure appropriate communications on container unloading and inventory levels
- Ensure container updates occur as required
- Ensure constant contact updates of all new material arrivals
- Ensure inventory is organized in all customer display areas
- Perform inventory audits and cycle counts
- First time right with orders placed from customers
- Exhausting every avenue to provide customer with the product they are looking for
- Maintaining the Company Gold Safety Standard on a monthly basis
- Oversee scheduling of truck drivers, warehouse and Will Call personnel
- Assist customers in Will Call
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations and FMCSA
- Working knowledge of marble/granite industry preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well with management, peers and subordinates
- Direct Supervision of Operations personnel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with minimum three years’ previous operations management experience including: scheduling and real-time operations management.
- Experience in a production or warehouse/operations environment
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff
- Experience with MS Office; proficient in Excel and Word
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
- World Class Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time and a Wellness program.
- Opportunities for advancement.